There are some improvements I have made which worked (at least) in my situation.
- Configuration of the virus scanner.
Exclude the VMware files from real-time protection and for the ThreatSense-engine
- Add some parameters to the VMware configuration file (.vmx)
- Disable page sharing (improves I/O). Add following line to the vmx-file:
sched.mem.pshare.enable = "FALSE"
- If you have enough free RAM for all planned concurrent VMs, be sure to disable memory trimming for guest OSes adding the following line to the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file:
- A really performance hitter for virtual machines is a fragmented host OS disk. Be sure to schedule a disk defragmentation on your host OS a regular basis (best: daily)
- See more tips here.
I found your name on Google. As we share the same surname, you may be interested in looking at the 'van Meeuwen' website, where I am attempting to connect the families.
Let me know if you find any relatives, or errors! I speak and read Dutch (just not very good at writing it).
George van Meeuwen
Post a Comment